- Start Date: Tuesday, January 1, 2009
- End Date: Thursday, September 29, 2011
Go to the Mummers Parade in Philadelphia
- Attend SxSWi
Lose 35 lbs.
- Write one post to all three blogs at least once a day for three months
- Start a charity event for Birmingham, AL
Increase earning potential to $60/hr (for the course of the 1001)
- Visit Portland, OR
- Visit my godmother in Ottawa, Ontario
Visit a place of peace at least twice a week
- Run for 30 minutes a day/3-4x a week/3 months
- Explore one new place a week
- Put at least $10/week into savings
Tend a garden for one year Read 15 pages/night from printed material
- Take 3 pictures a day
Have one conversation with a fellow social media worker a week Meditate for 30 minutes a day for three (3) months
- Write down 5 things that I’m thankful for everyday
Attend a game at New Yankee Stadium
- Completely repair my car
- Hand write one letter a month to a friend
Eat every meal at home one week/month Create and maintain an urban issues website
- Learn to make four (4) desserts (really well)
- Fix both bikes and use them for general transportation for 2 months
Visit Louisville, KY Plant and maintain a garden (vegetable and herb) for one (1) year Drink just water every day for 3 months
- Get a massage once a month for a year (0/12)
- Write at least one good post a day for a year for all three of my sites
- Recover the sleeper sofa
- Go on a cross-country tour of Canada (turn it into a blog series)
- Purchase life insurance policy
- Renew my library card
Attend one (1) hyperlocal blog conference.
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Do one sketch a day for six months
- Write two (2) screenplays
- Write one (1) novel (begin during NaNoWriMo)
Bring the Axim X30 out of retirement and use when possible for one (1) month.
- Get a roll of quarters and head to a batting cage one afternoon
- Explore one “new to me” city a month
- Learn to make roti from scratch
- Create a will
- Learn to swim
- Go to a University of Notre Dame home football game
See a baseball game at Wrigley Field(not exactly)
- Practice on my guitar daily instead of sporadically for two (2) months
- Send 12 people I’ve always wanted to talk to 5 questions and see what their answers are. And post them on the blog
- Do 75 sit-ups a day for 6 months
- Ice skate theRideau Canal in Ottawa
- Get a full medical check-up
Revisit The Terminal’s business plan monthly.
- Investigate repairing the HDTV; replace if repair costs too much.
- Attend the TED Conference once
- Attend POPTech! once
- Go out of town once a month for six (6) months.
- Grill out 2-3 times a week for six months.
Have two meetings a week that make my life better.
- Go sailing.
- Buy a home. Not a house, but a home.
- Pick up one challenging project per month involving social media and outreach to the community.
- Scan, upload and label all of the photos in the house
- Write notes to twelve (12) friends a week for six (6) months
See Joshua Redman in concert.
- Run in the Tour de Pain in Jacksonville
- Read the Bible from cover to cover
- Go to the Georgia Aquarium
Take a vacation with Betsy
- Pay for the person behind me’s food at a fast food restaurant
- Speak once every two months for one (1) year.
Fly in a helicopter. Hold a Beaujolais party. Meet one new person a month for one (1) year.
- Document ALL my possessions for insurance purposes.
- Participate in the 26 Things photo project.
- Attend a ballet performance.
Improve my handwriting (both in print and script).
- Create a list of 100 things that make me happy.
- Refinish three (3) pieces of furniture.
- Build one (1) piece of furniture.
- Complete the 200 sit-ups challenge.
- Complete the 100 push-ups challenge.
Give presentations at two (2) national conferences.
- Learn to play one song on the harmonica.
- Create a playlist of my 101 favorite songs.
- Become comfortable with providing assistance for four (4) open source editing tools.
- Answer all of the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind.
- Go hiking once a week for six (6) months.
- Make a return visit to New Orleans, LA.
- Declutter every room in the house.
- Host a game night.
- Make a quilt from all of my SCAD t-shirts.
- Make a quilt from some of the t-shirts I received at my early races.
Spend one (1) hour a day for six months learning via streaming video.
- Renew my passport.
- Create emergency fund of 6 months living expenses.
- Learn sign language.
- Enter a writing contest.
Write for four (4) hours a day for six months.
In the meantime, click here to view the original list.